You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

On the road two - the return

I have returned home after a week away and suffering very deep tiredness. I have always found it difficult to sleep with strangers in the same room especially when there is snoring to deal with. This conference probably bit the deepest in a long while.

After my earlier posting a colleague commented on the very dark circles under my eyes and expressed worry. So much that I got worried myself. I still find the concept of sleep and rest difficult. and letting go is is a serious issue that I carry.

Strange because this is what I find I teach to many of my mentorees. You are not the saviour of the world! God is! Funny that we teach the lessons that we ourselves must learn or perhaps as a good musician friend once said to me. The best teachers of a musical instrument are those who struggle because they have to think about what they are doing while excellent performers often find it difficult to explain what is going on. Perhaps this is God's little joke with me...

I attend a conference on reaching the ipod generation and end up using it to block out the snoring so I can sleep!