You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Sleeping alone

This last month I have been sharing bedrooms because of 1/people staying over at my place, 2/ national staff conference sharing a hotel room, and 3/ International Christmas sharing with four students in a bunk room.

It was this last Saturday night, actually 3 am Sunday morning I asked myself why I do this every year. I couldn't sleep because of snoring and other's noises. At 4 am I was wondering how I could get married so I only had to share with one other person whom I have got used to sleeping beside. I now have a huge envy for those who are married, they only have to share with one other.

I'm an introvert and being around others seems to cost me something, even when they're asleep. Being an organizer as well only accentuates the problem so little sounds become points of worry and due consideration whether action is needed or not. I'm introvert living in an extroverted or extrovert-normalized world, perhaps a quarter of the population. A book I'm reading to write a review, notes that introverts are among the most misunderstood and aggrieved groups... and they are not just misunderstood by extroverts but also by themselves because they've accepted the outgoing lens of society as the correct one.

Of course the grass is greener on the other side of the hill, but a change would be good?