You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Surprise and encouragement

I'm still feeling a little empty at the moment after the stress and sleeplessness of International Christmas. This is probably the most difficult New Year so far. But I'm also encouraged by email from Eleanor my god-daughter in England and an update on her life. Also an email from Elaine my ESL tutoree of last year now back in Taiwan, and a surprise phone call from the HK subway from my adopted god-daughter Janice last night.

The rollercoaster of life remains a reality. A new school semester looms and I don't feel ready or adequate for it. I'm in avoidance for somethings that I don't feel confident in and yet assured and ready to face things in other areas. I think I already have the winter blues or the February blahs early this year. Where is the music this year? What or where is the hope for this year?