You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day 2 of the great clean up

A difficult thing to do, and very few minds can do it. St. Paul gives us the shortest definition of concentration on record when he says, " This one thing I do," short, but tremendously significant. Another Bible definition is excellent: " Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might." author unknown How To Concentrate (here)

Well it's started and I'm already thinking about the you-can-see-the-floor party. I have quite some distance to go but it's started. I cleared about 12 square feet of floor, removing stuff and sorting. I reorganized a few shelves and sorted through 3 boxes. One had papers for 2004-2005!

"Concentration is the Most Important Intellectual Habit of Man." I was reading this from an article published in 1930. It's a great little item. One of my barriers to concentration has been the environment of my apartment. constantly stubbing my toes on things, walking and moving things around. The writer points to 4 aids to concentration periodic relaxation, mental freedom, proper environment, and a definite schedule. Much of this is linked to stress and tension and the time has come to clear up! So I have to get to it with all my might!