You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wearing out

The new school year continues to bring more disappointments than successes. But I can't deny the good moments.

The bike has been giving a little troubel of late. For the last week the chain has been creaking and slipping and finally Friday it broke in the middle of College and St George. Fortunately there was no car hurtling towards me and I was a minute away from BikeChain where I was headed to find out what was wrong with it. I fitted a new chain for 8 dollars. But Saturday no-one turned out for the bike ride, but it was raining...

In 4 years I have worn out 3 tyres, 3 sets of brake pads, one saddle, two sets of pedal bearings,and I have broken 2 bells, 5 wheel spokes on two separate occasions and now one chain. The bike has been worn out because it was been used and not because it was kept safe inside. My veritgo is back because it never went away fully rather because I'm tired and a little worn out. I'm a little disappointed with things this school year but I wouldn't be disappointed if I hadn't tried and trusted. I also wouldn't be able to savour the small moments of success or hope.