You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

sharing with no great claim

Visiting my Auntie Mary remains a rollercoaster ride of emotions. She has a good day and others days she seems so weak and frail. Saturday she could scarcely drink and it took well over 1.5 hours to get some milk, some water, some chocolate pudding into her. Learning to encourage rather than to push or pull someone is important. Also because of her infection isolation, visitors need to gown and glove Yesterday the carton of milk took only 5 minutes but still no solids.

Last night I got a real encouragement in an email and it touched me.

God has been speaking to me in various ways about how he provides for us. One such moment came this past Saturday when the three of us were visiting Mary. As I watched you feed her, John 19:25-27 came to mind (Jesus providing a mother for John and a son for Mary). I was touched by that scene (despite itchy nose and shoulder pain from carrying bag on shoulder) :). I shared my thoughts with P and he thought it worthwhile my sharing it with you. I hope my sharing will be an encouragement for you as well.
Yes words can hurt and injure and never be taken back. And words can build up, edify and encourage. Thank God for encouragement

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Jam 3:9