You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Friday, January 18, 2008

sick, sick, sick,

There they are. Quite beautiful but sufficient to confine me to bed and the washroom for 36 hours. Monday night I came home and felt quite ill and during the night I was so. Tuesday was up and down and drinking small amounts of fluid. Then wednesday afternoon everything was calm and I could begin to sleep longer than 45 minutes and also flat instead of propped up. Yesterday I felt fragile and a little hungry so I ate a little soup, and congee and risked a cereal bar. Today I'll try and eat some real food again - I feel OK.

I posted a 12 days ago about shalom and peace and the concept of right functioning in creation. I wonder, if everything were functioning in a state of shalom then the rotavirus would not have struck me down, because my body's natural defences would have dealt with it immediately destroying it? Or perhaps, because the viruses no longer infect my cells or no longer exist? Maybe I'm pondering things in the wrong direction perhaps my body was in a state of shalom functioning as it should in an imperfect world.

(btw Tuesday's posting was something I wrote over the weekend!)