You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

The mood of the night

There is something about the night and darkness which gives me a sense of ambivalence. It's comforting because it enfolds me like a warm blanket and yet its the time of darkest and deepest emotions.

Last night I was panicking because of the amount of things I have on the go. It's not the amount of time but the number and what each thing takes out of me. I'm starting an new ESL program but I am co-teaching it so I'm aware that I have to be far more organized. But my Dmin is giving me troubles.

Studying on the internet is not something I enjoy, in fact I have found it extremely draining. But at least now I think I understand why. I though initially it was because I like physical classrooms and people in front of me but at last I realized that I'm an audio learner. As a kid I learned to read words late because they discovered late I couldn't see the blackboard. In a classroom of 40 kids I learned by listening because I couldn't see clearly. Yes I read a lot and quite fast but that learning becomes cemented in place in my ears through discussions. The internet is a place of darkness, a night time.

Night time is a time of emotions and daytime a time for thinking. We need the two in our lives.

When the sun had set and darkness had fallen, a smoking firepot with a blazing torch appeared and passed between the pieces. On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram Gen 15:18-19