You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

RIP

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven Matt 5:3

We all have good and bad days and today was a bad news day. Somehow I went into college today when I wasn't intending to go in. Then I found out that Margaret had passed away a couple of weeks ago. She was an international student I knew from last year but she didn't return after Christmas. She was sad and depressed and struggled desperately for acceptance, which she could not feel even when it was offered. A beautiful young woman deeply disturbed, but even then I was aware of a gentleness and graciousness of spirit.

Going away to university or college can bring excitement and freedom but it can also bring disappointments, struggle, pain, even the need for acceptance. Ten hours later and I'm still stunned and really don't know what to feel. Relief that she is free or sadness she is gone. But I know Death touches us all in someway somehow all the time. But I also hate "get over it" talk because it cheapens the life that is gone. Forgetting and moving on dishonours the person and their importance to you. I think she had purity of heart within her for even then she was God's child.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Matt 5:8