You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Another try at clearing up

Well. What can I say? return from speaking at a church retreat on Romans 12 and now I need to try and tackle the home again. Why is there some much junk mail? I have so much paper which goes straight into the recycling bin at the front door and still my place is full!

The Getting Things Done (GTD) empire talks about have a central point bin/box or trays where everything ends up. I suspect that is the beginning of the problem and I just don't have that. I need to work on that before anything else except I have no space to generate that gathering point!

Still I've decided to continue the slow move to digitize large portions of my world. The slow ripping of CD's onto my hard drive and boxing up the CD's which have occupied a large amount of space around the apartment. Today I boxed up songbooks that I not longer use. But I have to be far more drastic soon.

I'm still struggling a but but the lead balloon of SAD isn't really there at the moment. Just the energy to keep at things until everything is tidied up. God give me strength and courage to deal with all this stuff.

Got to get more stuff out of the front door. Yet biking home yesterday I saw 4 bikes in the garbage. One folding one made it home with me because the frame is in better condition than 2 other frames I have. Now I have to decide how to consolidate the bits and make another good bike before getting rid of the excess parts.

2 comments:

said...

it's meeeeeeeee Janice :)
hehehe just feel like to drop you a line at your blog. hope you are doing well.

Song Jade said...

Wow, you have comments! let me leave a random one....
...try singing Tears for Fears while you clean up...

"Shout, Shout, let it all out,
these are the things I can do without..."

:p