You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Who am I?

... it is important to know that our emotional life is not the same as our spiritual life. Our spiritual life is the life of the Spirit of God within us. As we feel our emotions shift we must connect our spirits with the Spirit of God and remind ourselves that what we feel is not who we are. We are and remain, whatever our moods, God's beloved children. Henri Nouwen Bread for the Journey

I am more that what I do. I certainly am far more than what I make financially. I am certainly more than I feel. I'm a little worried about the Fall and September. The Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) I had last year was pretty bad and now I suspect I've been suffering for perhaps 2 years because I seem to have more energy than I've had for a long time. Yet I know I'm slowing down and I don't feel as great. But I hope things will change.

There are two signficant departures both Jen. jen who I've memtored and been around for many years through courtship and going to Harvard to eventually marrying and now off to Africa dn the great fearful and challenging experience. Also a dear friend from Regis is leaving the city and I will miss Jen discovering that combat is not the only model for academics but perhaps co-operation and friendship. We are more than our feelings and moods we are God's beloved children. So much work to be done here.

No comments: