You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Monday, February 4, 2008

I don't fit!

I've been checking my ergonomic ratios against my workstations against this calibrated position for my height and discovered my legs are too short for my height so my seat height is wrong when set against this standard. Of course I probably am the worst person to measure against the norms or standards of the US army!

What can I say? I've had a full day listening to God and helping people to find God in their lives. It has been busy but satisfying. I have received life affirming satisfaction of being in the right place, being the right person. Two students said a couple of weekends ago that they envied me because I seem to be satisfied with where I am. I'm not sure I really am satisfied but I have a sense of assurance, and can embrace that I fit with where I am now, being and doing what I am. But also I am dissatisfied with where I am and and who I am and what I do because I am a long way from who I am called to be. We live that tension of the not yet but stuck in the now.

I was reading Sunday an alternative translation of Psalm 23 - You lead me down the right path, the path that unwinds in the pattern of your name. It is a very free translation and extremely beautiful poetic expression of our and my life. I wrote in response "When I choose to wander from this path, I am lost in my own self-centredness, self-needs and desires." God keep me close.