You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

unexpected memories

Roy Wood of ELO and Wizard fame is a multi-instrumentalist and one of the reasons ELO ended up with 2 cellists. But he left ELO and moved on very early in ELO's success leaving it to Jeff Lynne but leaving his mark.

This last week has been really full even though looking at my daytimer there seems to be a lot of white space. But if I pause and reflect I am drawn back to my lost loves and unreturned love. Last weekend I was talking with some of the students about long distance relationships and the pain and disappointments, the stresses and strains. In this moment I remember Moulann's beautiful but too short ballad Where did Forever Go (listen to it here)

tell me why you left me
because deep inside you know you’re still in love
maybe things would work
if you told me what you were thinking of
and how could you just leave me
crying all alone in my bed
holding on to words that i wish you’d never said
you said that you would always care
you said that you would always be there

where did forever go?
i really need to know
how you make me fall to my knees by bringing back all those memories
when did all the promises end?
will I find the strength to love again?
how could you take my soul and break my heart in two
don’t you know I gave myself to you?

and though you may have cared
you were never there

....
tell me why you left me
why did you leave me?