You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

drawing number 3

This was the third image from August 2004. The texts are "he held out to her the gold sceptre that was in his hand" and "when he cries out to me. I will hear for I am compassionate".

Drawn from the story of Esther 5:2 and Ex 22:27 ... I believe the dark cloud of unknowing fills the top of the picture and the hands of blessing come from ancient near Eastern images from Egypt. The boat setting off is a symbol of new beginnings for me.