You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Monday, February 11, 2008

feeling small

When you're weary, feeling small, When tears are in your eyes, I will dry them all; I'm on your side. when times get rough - And friends just can't be found, Like a bridge over troubled water I will lay me down. Like a bridge over troubled water I will lay me down. Simon & Garfunkel

Sometimes I feel very small. Very insignificant. Sometimes I wish I could simply disappear and not exist. Sometimes it is other people's words, sometimes it is situations and sometimes it is simply a vastness of reality. Not my reality but the immensity of it all.

Sometimes I just want to stay in my bed and hide. Sometimes the darkness of the night is better than the reality of dreams Sometimes it simply does not make sense, and I don't want to make sense of it. Sometimes I really don't want to think just feel. Sometimes I just want out of it all. I want to lose myself.

Sometimes I feel I'm not good enough. Sometimes I feel there is not enough. Sometimes I realize I am not enough.

In the moment of paralysis I must trust, I seek. In the moment of stillness, I hear the little words of encouragement. In the moment of consciousness, I find hope and a reason to go on.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Luke 11:9