You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Friday, February 15, 2008

seems like more than you can manage

At the moment, life feels borderline of what I can manage. I'm trying to squeeze in at least 2 visits a week to my Auntie Mary's - bringing groceries, encouraging her to eat and do her own physio. This is on top of my Dmin studies, spiritual direction, student ministry, and campus chaplain responsibilities. Yet I'm still feeling some real satisfaction and real sense of the guiding hand of God. Both Bible studies yesterday seemed to be exactly for them: they scratched where they were all itching.

But at the moment I have a deep desire to make music again and I long to play the cello and am looking forward to an opportunity for a Good Friday service. Music has incredible power to touch and reach parts of the human psyche. It has that power to create community and bind people together when used well.