You can surf or search or use the labels to follow a thread of ideas. Imagine in some crazy way you are watching my thoughts evolve, seeing ideas become connected , or observing an amorphous cloud giving birth to sources of light and matter. Treat this place metaphorically as a place of unformed galaxies and planetary systems rather than merely as a diary.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

in the spirit

This morning in my prayer time I was reminded of this image I drew in my journal on July 28 2005. I was meditating on Is 57:15, and this drawing came in response to Isaiah. I wrote then "Reaching out but not noticing the closer, nearer one. God with me in the moment, not looking for the movement."

This morning I remembered this image while I read from Psalm 103, a very poetic interpretation speaking of God:

Who awakens the spirit So that time's refreshed And grows back like an eagle's feather ... And acts in the lives of strugglers

The last 30 hours I have had a huge sense of the awesomeness of God. Instead of even searching for God it has been a personal learning about openness and being willing to receive the presence of God. It is about lingering and savoring the moment. These lessons need to return again and again. God in the moment is enough. God can change the very nature of time that it can grow back like a eagle's feather, for time itself to soar.

For this is what the high and lofty One says— he who lives forever, whose name is holy: "I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite. Isaiah 57:15